Life After Love

Jordon, the love of my life, died tragically January 23, 2005. This is my space to remember him and to keep track of my life as I learn to move forward without him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

March 9, 2005

Yet another week where my social life has exploded upon me. I need to slow this all down before my life is completely out of control.

Thursday, I went out to Triangle to see Glen. I went with my best friend, Brad, and we ended up getting invited to join a group of guys. Ricky (25 and russian) invited us over. There we met his friends Mark (30), Steve (46), Hector (28), Mike (28) and Anthony AKA "Lady No-no" (in full drag). They were a fun group to talk with. It made the evening much more enjoyable. I didn't get much of any time to talk with Glen.

Friday night, I spent the evening with Jason and met his new boyfriend, Matt. They are both really nice guys and I hope them all the best. We went out for dinner at Brew City BBQ up in Mequon. Our waiter was extremely hot and I ended up giving him my number when I paid the bill. I probably won' hear from him, but it was fun trying. There was some sad time during the meal when I told Matt a bit about Jordon. I didn't want to go into too much detail and start crying in the restaurant. We later went out for drinks at The Room, Fluid and Triangle. They finally went home to get some action, leaving me to talk with Glen.

Saturday, I went to the auto show with my dad. He can be so annoying, especially when it comes to talking about cars and trucks. He thinks he knows everything, but I can see him just reading the stuff printed up next to the cars. I really liked the King Ranch Ford F-150. I also sat in an Escalade EXT and sat there thinking what it would have been like to be in Jordon's Escalade. It brought back some good memories and was surprised I didn't cry. The rest of the day I spent with Jason and Matt watching some more QAF (almost done with season 1) and Latter Days. I really started crying at the end of Latter Days. That movie hits so many bottons in relation to Jordon. The last hug in the movie is always the moment when I just can't hold back the flood anymore. I always see it as the hug Jordon and I never got to have. Once I calmed down a bit, I called it a night and went home.

Sunday wasn't all that great until that night. Brad took me out to a newer bar downtown that has gay nights on Sundays. It was small, but had great music and loads of fun trendy people. I knew half the bar staff already and ended up not paying for over half the drinks I had. The bartenders John and Joe are both really cute. I gave John my number before I left and I am supposed to see Joe Wednesday night when Steve hosts a little movie party at his place. It was definitely one of the best bar experiences I've had in Milwaukee. I'm sure I'll be there next Sunday for more fun. When I got home from the bar, I called Teddy in Minneapolis. We ended up talking until 6 am!! To top it all off, I only got about 3 hours sleep after that. He seems like a nice guy, but the long calls have to stop.

Monday, I went shopping with Brad and actually found some t-shirts from A&F and AE. For once, Brad didn't find something to buy himself. We went out to Taylor's that night for Blue Monday. We ran into a guy Brad has been going after and it happened to be his 22nd bday. We ended up spending the rest of the evening with him and his friends, leaving Taylor's and heading to the crappy hole in the wall bar across the street called This Is It. We had fun and Brad made more of a connection with the guy. I was a bit moody by the time we went home. Not sure why.

Tuesday, I'm taking a day off from the bars finally! After spending most of the day at home, I had dinner with Brad and we had a good talk about how things were going between us. I ended up crying at one point cuz I was getting so frustrated with my life and just felt like running away from everything.

Today has been laundry day. Met up with Brd for a bit of lunch and then tonight I'm going to Steve's for movie night. Hopefully Joe will be there and I can get to know him better. He's really cute and seems like a nice guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home