Life After Love

Jordon, the love of my life, died tragically January 23, 2005. This is my space to remember him and to keep track of my life as I learn to move forward without him.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

April 6, 2005

Well, it's been two weeks since my last entry. I did end up buying the laptop. I love it and it really brightened up a pretty miserable day. I'll enjoy setting it up with just my stuff. For once I have my own computer!

As for my social life, it's been an interesting couple of weeks. I've been able to hang out with John from Three a couple times outside of the bar. He really is a nice guy and we get along quite well. I know he's working through some issues with his relationship so I am just pursuing a friendship. I have also hung out with some fun guys lately too. Brad and I spent last Thursday at Switch talking with two guys new to town, Blake who just moved from Minneapolis and Jay who is just visiting from Seattle. We had a fun time and ended up going out for breakfast after bartime. The Thursday before that, we talked with Corey (the cute guy I danced with at Cage a while back). I was chatting with him on Yahoo last night and found out he likes Brad, so I guess I am just going to be his friend. Speaking of chatting, I also talked with Derik from Burlington, someone Brad met online. He's adorable! But during that chat, I found out he's going after a guy he's had a crush on for 6 years. Looks like Brad and I will just be friends there too. I find it funny that guys are always surprised I'm single, but yet I haven't had a single person ask me out in months. Oh well...

Right now, I'm in Roseville, MN, just north of the Twin Cities. I originally came up here for a job interview with Wells Fargo Mortgage, but after I got here, I started thinking about why I am still wanting to move here. I really can't come up with any good reason to come here. I think it would be more of me trying to chase Jordon's ghost, and that's just not healthy. I came to the conclusion that I need to start closing the book on the Twin Cities. I called off the interview. I spent part of last night with CJ and his husband, Dave, who I was introduced to online by Jordon. They were nice guys and it helped start the closure process. I've now met someone who also knew Jordon. Today before I leave town, I'm going to take a quick drive up where Lance told me Jordon's house was. I don't know if the info is right or not. He and Jordon's mom haven't contacted me in a long time, so I think they have moved on without me. It's time for me to start doing the same. I need to get my feet back on the ground, focus in on getting a job and apartment back in Milwaukee. Once I get my feet set there, I'll feel more comfortable if I ever choose to relocate. Hopefully the job in Pewaukee will come through this week and I won't have to worry about job hunting for a while. I'll be leaving Minnesota shortly. The next time I come up, it needs to be with someone. The solo trips leave me too much time to think about Jordon. Maybe for Pride in June. I have some time to think about that. For now, I need my life back. Once I have that, I can worry about my gay life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home